Australian Army M88 Pack large
NSN : 8465-66-130-1283
9 Oct 1987
9 Oct 1987
This model is produced by Witant Robco products and was introduced in 1965 and is still currently used.
Australian Army DPCU large pack. The pack has two compartments. The top compartment has a large flap covering the drawstring opening. The loose ends of all straps are rolled up and tied off with black plastic tape.
Photo Credit : Here
- 2 x 20L compartments. The top compartment has a draw string and a flap that covers it to keep water from running into the top. The bottom compartment has 3 buckles for quick access.
- 1 x Foam/Steel contoured back support panel. This maintains the backpacks shape when completely full to prevent it losing it's ergonomic design and shape. Put simply, good for your back.
- 3 x heavy cotton straps with eyelets (pic #9) are on the backpack. These are for attaching things to expand the carrying capacity.
- 2 x fully adjustable shoulder straps.
- 1 x lower back pocket. This can be used to hold foam or packing used to help shape the pack to each wearers back. It has a large drainage slot sewn into the bottom so it doesn't fill with water.
- 2 x grab handles make it easy to move and put on
- 1x Large map pocket with Strong velcro opening.
Steel fixings on the shoulder straps allow for a chest strap to be fixed onto it. All buckles are genuine "FASTEX" buckles on 25mm webbing. Fastex buckles are made in NZ.
Dimensions of the pack = 60cmx40x17, making the internal capacity roughly 40L