The Marine Corps has developed an Extreme Cold Weather Mitten System including a Mitten Shell with Removable Liner and Light Duty Flame Resistant Glove Insert, which will provide improved environmental protection over USMC's previous mitt, the insulated trigger
High-altitude patrol work mitts for extremely cold conditions.
Anatomical curve; boxed construction for dexterity through multiple layers // 3-panel thumb increases dexterity and warmth // MonoCinch™ gauntlet closure keeps weather
out // Removable Idiot Cord attaches mitt to wrist
Shell: Waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX® mitt/glove keeps hands and insulation dry // Fully seam taped waterproof construction Insulation: 170g EnduraLoft™ insulation on back of hand and thumb for low-bulk warmth // Moonlite Pile fleece palm for compressionresistant warmth
Palm: Leather palm
- The mitten system complies with Outdoor Research's Firebrand Mitten System, Product Number 71871, or equal.
- The mitten and liner is a system that can be worn over a light duty glove insert.
- The mitten shell is constructed from waterproof coyote colored nylon and has a water repellent leather palm.
- a Nylon Taslan/Gore-Tex 2 ply laminate, Gore-Tex part number WDKX389000B, or equal,with waterproof seams
- 1.75 - 2.25 ounce water resistant full grain, chrome tanned goatskin, or equal
- The mitten shell has an elasticized wrist, a long gauntlet that extends up the forearm with an adjustable cord and barrel lock.
- The black removable insulated liner is also water repellent.
- The liner attaches to the inside of the shell by hook and loop tabs, and has a no slip grip.
National Stock Numbers