DRAGON ASSAULT PACK
Date of Manufacture - July 2011
Main Compartment: 12.5"L x 9"W x 18"H
Sleeping Bag: 5.5"L x 5.5"W x 13"H
Small Side Pocket (2): 6"L x 2.25"W x 7"H
Outside Flap Pockets (2): 6L x 3"W x 7.5"H and 9.5"L x 2.5"W x 6"H
Bottom Pocket: 16.5"L x 8.5"H
Overall Dimensions: 23"L x 20.5"W x 13"H
Material: 1000 Denier Cordura®
Webbing: (A-A-55301, MIL-W-17337 Cls 2)
Binding: 1-inch IR binding (MIL-PRF-5038)
Weight: 8.9 lbs
Capacity: 3140 cubic inches
- The two "load leveling" straps on the suspenders allow for changing the angle of the pack to the back, which allows different muscle groups to come into play. Metal Dee-ring lanyard points are included on the upper padded shoulder strap fronts.
- The internal frame allows 62% of the pack's weight to be transferred to the hips via the tactical padded waist belt.
- This HDPE frame (High Density Polyethylene) has two web channels, each containing a 1/8"W x 1"L x 16"H aluminum stave. These staves may be bent by the wearer to conform to the curve of the back. They also may be removed and used for bone-setting splints.
- The bottom of the pack has modular webbing attachments that can be used to carry a sleeping pad or rolled personal clothing.
- An outside zippered pocket is positioned outside the mortar round that can hold wet weather gear, gloves, head gear, or personal hygiene items.
- The mortar round carry system may also be replaced with a LDPE lace-in spacer which allows more space for individuals not carrying mortar rounds.
- On the left side of the pack is a sewn-on pocket designed to carry the sleep system. It serves as a compression sac and it provides protection from water (lightweight, waterproof, non-removable lining).
- A pack compartment allows the wearer to carry a 100 oz. hydration bladder (provided) and has hose access to ports on either the right or left shoulder. An internal frame with removable aluminum stays is positioned on the outer section of the compartment. The space is accessed by zipper.
- Double zipper sliders are used throughout the pack and allow the use of a second slider if one is broken.
- A metal tabular buckle is provided on the distant ends of the shoulder straps, in case the acetyl side-release buckle is damaged. In which case the shoulder strap web is simply transferred and threaded through the adjustable metal tabular buckle.
- The shoulder straps may be stowed in the provided space to provide fewer encumbrances in transport.
- Ammunition box LBT-6178A for both 7.62mm and 5.56mm rounds. The easily accessible spare ammunition pocket has adjustable inner dividers for either 7.62MM or 5.56MM linked rounds and has modular webbing attachment points. The compartment is constructed from two layers of 1,000 Denier Cordura® with a core of HDPE to provide security and quietness.
- Load bearing, adjustable, belt for proper weight distribution while carrying heavy loads for extended periods of time. LBT-1647D
- Two small pockets are located on the right pack side. These are accessed via a top zipper closure and have modular webbing attachment points.
- A cleverly designed small top zipper pocket allows the user quick access to important documents or small electronic devices. Headphone cords fit through a unique opening allowing the user to use the electronics without removing the device.
- Four compression or cinch straps, two on each side, provide space reduction and protect the main compartment zipper.
- The main compartment has 3 internal mesh pockets for storage and a removable, padded, T-shaped divider, allowing the creation of three additional compartment spaces.
- At the bottom of the pack is a zippered pocket and modular webbing attachment points that can be used for a sleeping pad or other gear.
- The shoulder straps have an adjustable sternum strap to prevent the straps from slipping off the shoulders.
- Heavy duty reinforced carry handle and unique clam shell zippered compartment handle allow the user to grab the pack quickly without losing equipment.
- The pack is double stitched throughout for added strength. Most sewing utilizes Nylon size E thread (VT295, bonded), with 9 stitches per inch for added strength. Selected areas use "three cord thread" for added durability.
Manufactured in USA by London Bridge Trading Company, LTD.
Photo Credit . Here