DRESSING, CHEST SEAL - HYFIN
(August 22, 2005)
Photo Credit : Here
The new HyFin Vent Chest Seal provides an additional solution to the treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest by providing an occlusive chest dressing with a Patented built-in vent that prevents airflow into the chest cavity during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the vent channel during exhalation. The HyFin Vent Chest Seal is a 6 in. x 6 in. occlusive dressing with built-in vent that provides a superior occlusive chest dressing for those treatment protocols that call for the use of a dressing secured on 3-sides or a vented/valve type chest seal.
It features an enhanced adhesive gel formulation that creates a superior seal, even in the most adverse conditions. The seal has a transparent backing to allow placement directly over the wound and easily conforms to the patients chest. The seal is designed with a large, easily-visible red elliptical tab for single step peel-and-apply application that can also facilitate the burping of a wound if necessary. To ensure high quality performance, NAR packages each chest seal using its signature Red Tip Technology red tear notches in a rugged, easy-to-open, foil pouch. The HyFin Vent Chest Seal is Made in America and is 100% latex free.
- Large size (6 in. x 6 in.)
- Patented vent built into the dressing
- U.S. Patent 7,504,549 & Patent(s) Pending
- Advanced adhesive technology
- Oversized red elliptical tab for single step, easy to use, peel-and-apply application
- Conforms to the casualtys chest
- Effective in extreme environments
- Latex free
- Packaged – H 7.5 in x W 7.5 in x D .1 in.
- Chest Seal – H – 6.0 in. x W 6.0 in. x D 0.1 in
- Weight: 1.31 oz